View Single Post
Old 12-18-12, 08:18 AM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Does the difficulty change over time? In real hunting season, the deer adapt to hunting season. They get smarter.
I strongly assume not in the way you mean. But I read in their Wiki (the German one, which is far more complete and professionally done than the English one) or one forum post that there is one difference: antlers tend to become more and more cautious the higher their score is, meaning they tend to not follow or respond to lure calls, and get alarmed by repeated lure calls more easily than bucks with low score. That, so they write, should reflect that the higher score antlers (bigger scalp...) became older only by having become more experienced.

Also, the difference between scents and calls that Riock just explained. Calls lure them to your calling position if they hear it, scents call them to the scent's position, once the animal got inside the range of it. You can win distance to that place meanwhile.

The German Wiki, explaining all and every detail, statistic item, skill system, gadget, equipment, weapon, species, traces, droppings - everything.

http://de.thehunterwiki.com/index.php?title=Hauptseite

Traces have been simplified, they had to, because it is unrealistic in a sim on a screen that you bend down and move that grass aside to find some footprints there, it cannot be done like that in a sim. That's why they are assisted by visual clues that are skill and range dependent. Footprints an reveal species, and behaviour mode (roaming, fleeing, wounded)

I also recommend to use Google picture search for screenshots. The game looks best early in the morning and late in the evening, when shadows are falling or are still there. The landscape from hills can be watched at estimated distances of up to 4 or 5 kilometers (with trees still being displayed), however, animals appear only at around 200 or 250 meters, which in forests, underwood, high grass and in hilly terrain is absolutely okay. Only the open, flat marsh-country has them appearing a bit to sudden at that distance - if the air is clear and no mist around.

Note that there have been many upgrades, dozes, apparently. I noted that older screenshots do not represent the density of visual details (grass, underwood) possible in newer game versions. I run my game at maximum settings with 2x AA and 2x AF. (i5 2500, 8 GB, GTX 460 SE 1 GB). the screenshot function (a digital camera in your rucksack) currently is somewhat broken and allows only 640 resolution pics. It's on their fix-list. It was fully functional some time ago, I read. That'S why I post no screenies myself, Due to the online-nature of the gamescreen (runs from and in your browser), screengrabbers do not work for me so far, they always only snap up the gamestart screen.

I'm out of here for the remaining afternoon.