View Single Post
Old 12-18-12, 06:43 AM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC Sniper View Post
You are in urgent need to link that setup with a tablet with the Leopard's virtual gunner's seat from SBP!

Quote:
The sim is for days when you cannot get out there and do it.
That. Or somethign that you will never try in real life at all. Like flying an airliner. Much of the virtual possibilities of modern internet is for that, too. For example Google's museum project (kind of streetview inside some of the world'S most famous galleries).

---

I admit that concerning reality I share Oberon's attitude: hunting only if you eat it yourself and avoid overhunting. I would enjoy the hunt itself - but I would use a camera rifle only. The moment I have ensured that the prey got defeated and the hunting process was successful, the deal is done for me. I do need neither the kill nor the trophy on the wall. And the picture only to silence those who do not believe that I got there. But in principle I do not even need the photo. I have killed just once in my life, a straying dog near our camp in the desert which looked sick, and my concern was that it would bite while we are sleeping, giving us some disease (in that part of the world sick dogs are a concern for sure). Did feel neither triumph nor pity, but did what I think needed to be done. Killing a prey is not what I am about, I'd do it only if needing to eat. For me, it'S the hunt itself - exclusively.