Old 12-21-21, 01:58 PM   #4018
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Followed standard procedures: Deleted entire SH4 folder from Documents; Deleted the game from my Ubisoft folder on G: drive; copied a pristine v1.4 SH4 to a new Ubisoft sub-folder on the G: drive; applied LAA to new SH4.exe; Downloaded and extracted FOTRU 1.7 to the MODS folder; ran SH4 one time without the Mod to set sound and graphics (did not leave the Main Menu); then applied the FOTRSU 1.7 mod via JSGME with NO other Mods.

I love the fast load of the game and the career start. Started a new career out of Manila on December 9 in the Sturgeon. Got the mission to patrol just North of Luzon, leaving on 12/10. Got underway, set the torpedos and a course to the patrol area. Drew 10.2 NM Circles around Manila, Mariveles, and Subic Bay to know the boundaries. Set speed to Ahead Full and then I increased TC to 256, and BOOM - CTD.

Tried the mission twice after reloading the game. Same results, both at about 25NM outside Manila Bay (I'm guessing). The first time I had two programs running in the background by mistake. I shut them off before starting the second time but had same results there. Btw, both times i was in the F5 map view when it crashed. Did not observe any other activity on the map (Map Contacts ON).

I suspect TC, but my gear should be able to handle that and a lot more. Are you saying that I can no longer use a half-way decent TC? Or did I miss a procedure?
Downloaded v1.7, but... have NOT yet, got it unzipped or installed, just yet... am in the works of doing just that.

Will report back, after I have done so &... ran it, to see if those selfsame end results occur on My end. Either way.. I shall report back, one way... or the other.

M. M.

In the interim... care to run jsgme, task it with making a copy of the mod order that you currently have, & pasting the net results back here... if you would, torpedobait, sir.