View Single Post
Old 09-25-22, 12:36 AM   #66
Halcyon
Helmsman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 3

The sub is still doing maneuvers that are borderline impossible. I've included two screenshots showing me tracking a sub with sonar.

The first picture is the initial intercept, and shows my destroyer trying to line up for a good drop after missing the initial intercept opportunity. Right before I get that opportunity, the sub goes into a hard left turn, and you can clearly see his turn radius versus my maximum turn radius.

He can turn in less than 1/2 of my maximum turn radius capability. I started my turn as soon as I got the call he was in a sharp turn, but there's no way my depth charges can get over him if he's turning like that.
How are we expected to sink uboats if they can turn like this doing speeds of 8 knots (see my previous post where I showed that a submerged sub will constantly go 8 knots)?

I don't even think they can physically turn that tight, especially at 8 knots. I've never been on a submarine, but out of all the sub games I've played (Dangerous Waters, Cold Waters, Wolfpack, Uboat, Silent Hunter, etc.), I've never seen a sub that can do that.

Later on in the hunt, the sub performed a very sharp right turn before going into another full circle turn inside of my much larger turn radius.

I just don't know how the average player who has never touched another naval combat sim is expected to be able to sink a u-boat with these kinds AI maneuverability characteristics.

Is it just me? Or are other closed-beta testers finding the sub to be a little too maneuverable?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg path1.jpg (94.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg path2.jpg (94.5 KB, 0 views)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote