View Single Post
Old 04-20-22, 12:23 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Example "known-bad" characters are the degree symbol °, Alt-0176 of which it would be REALLY nice to be able to use for lat/long coordinates. Quote marks also do not display properly, but I forget what they look like... maybe a continuity, or maybe an infinity symbol? I cannot remember. I just discovered the "Slash" ( / ) today as possibly causing a high character count, or maybe is "invalid" and I already knew that the "pipe" ( | ) character will cause an entire line's worth of characters (which I think is 62 characters per line). I also do not trust the "dash" ( - ) character any longer. I have not attempted to use a "backslash" ( \ ), as well as I can remember, and most of the <Shift> number keys do not display properly, and might also cause a bad "character count". My memory tells me that a "question mark" ( ? ) looks rather odd, and is not immediately recognizable as a question mark, as well as a few other idiosyncrasies that I cannot remember just now, and like you will have to start taking notes as missions load... If I look at actual US Mission Order examples in sub books, or in the War Patrol Reports, you CANNOT replicate the way they were written, since so many of the "special" characters are so 'special'... I wonder if creating a "new" font would help in this regard? I do not think I want to wander into that minefield just yet though... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote