View Single Post
Old 04-06-20, 08:13 AM   #692
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
I dunno if this happens to me only, but I started my career early 1942. I have found so far two task forces and one medium size convoy. The problem with these is that they are always going at 2-3 knots because they are always trying to avoid colission between each others.

DDs moving everywhere making the others. So lets say, a task force composed of a few BB, CA, and a bunch of DDs, cannot mantain a steady course and speed for more than 3 minutes.

Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
no, not normal. the main ships should all be moving along at a set speed, say 10-12 knots.

I have seen that type of behaviour in a few instances:

1. you have been spotted and/or torpedoed a ship. That can throw the TF in confusion for a short time.

2. issue with the campaign/mission scripting.

3. could also be a mod causing that.
Re-iterating what Bilge_Rat says, and to add that if you did not empty the Save folder (generally "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" unless you've changed it) prior to playing the modded game, then you have a mix of what you had in your Save folder and FotRSU combined, and for the most part, that mix would not be fully compatible with each other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorstrain View Post
Hi Guys,
Is there an alternate download link?
The link here is downloading very slow. At the rate it's going now it's going to take 4 days.
I know I live in Tasmania but that's a little excessive.

Cheers,
Phil
We've been talking about making a split file archive, and we'll do that, and post back later today with that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote