Old 05-02-18, 07:15 AM   #11
TiberiusoftheSea
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork100 View Post
Hi TiberiusoftheSea,

Just a suggestion regarding CTD when loading saves. I run a similar install to you: disk version SH3, Win7 64bit, GWX 3.0, V16B1 kit with 4gb patch included plus a stack of other mods.

If you haven't already, as THEBERBSTER pointed out, run your SH3.exe as administrator and in compatability mode for WinXP Service Pack 3. I can't say whether these settings will fix your problem loading saves, but they worked wonders for me and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Once applied, I went from about a 20% failure rate of loading saves to zero. Since then I've probably loaded about 75-100 saves in succession without any glitches (touch wood). As an additional bonus, I can completly disregard the 50km rules (often save near ships sunk or ships closeby, convoys, whilst under attack, near land etc) and will very often save whilst submerged, all with no problems on loading. When I save, I always do it at TCx1 and with map view (F5). I do still obey the rule with regards to changing mods whilst in mid-patrol.

Good posts and I hope you fix your problem.
Hi

I set SH3Cmdr.exe, the original SH3.exe and the SH3.exe that needs to be put into the V16B1 supplement mod folder to run as administrator and in compatibility mode for WinXP Service Pack 3.

First attempt at loading my save game resulted in a CTD when the red bar loading screen had finished. The second attempt went as far as flashing the "No So Long Ago" screen before CTD. Third attempt crashed while the red bar was filling up.

I disabled compatibility mode for the above mentioned .exe applications but left administrator "mode" on. This time my career would actually load but still getting CTD in the same area (AN54.) I did try starting a new career with compatibility mode and run as administrator turned on and it loaded up right away - though so did my current career so sadly that doesn't help. I'd need to sit down and rush towards AN54 to see if it still crashes or not. Got to be worth a try though. Thanks.

It does sound like we have the same setup (aside from mods) so was wondering if you'd be willing to share your mod list? If it works for you, it may work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi T
Sorry about the LAA mistake.
SH3 is incompatible with Windows 10 and needs to be run in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I have found SH3 saves to be bullet proof although that is with LSH3-2015.
I always save in the command room F2.
I can save anywhere as long as it is a manual save and never had a problem when loading.

Does your ctd in AN54 happen in a particular area or only when you sink ships?
Run all your applications as administrators
Peter
No worries. Thought I'd check first

I've never played any supermod/megamod aside from GWX 3.0 though maybe if I can't resolve my issue I can try LSH or NYGM. Would ideally fix my issue but if not, it's an option.

The CTD in AN54 in my original career was happening in the EXACT same spot when heading ENE from Hartlepool. When attempting to leave AN54 through any other direction, the CTD would still happen at roughly the same distance away. On my current career, I've saved in AN55 on the surface, in the command room with no contacts in sight. There is a bit of a storm (if that's relevant?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hmmmm strange always in same grid... With new installation too.
I think really your soup mod guilty...
But difficult help you if no remember which Mod installed..
I'll go through the mods that I renamed and compare them to the awesome archive Maik offers. If I can match them up, I'll be able to get the correct names
TiberiusoftheSea is offline   Reply With Quote