View Single Post
Old 02-04-24, 08:14 AM   #1
Plumber1
Seaman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default Onealex CTD on first mission start

Hi all,

As the title suggests I am struggling to get GWXOnealex (1.53) to run. All appears correct until I hit "start" on career mission 1. It constantly CTD's after about 10 seconds of the red loading bar finishing (which incidentally seems to be happening very fast - less than 5 seconds to complete the mission loading!). I am on a new build Win10 and have followed the instructions in the readme and the YouTube video by Abulia.

The game is located in a separate SSD to the OS but is outside of the Steam folder (I have the game in steam but don't have it downloaded to my PC).

I have no mods enabled at all and, after this kept happening I downloaded the 4Gb patch and ran it on the SH3.exe (even though I believe Onealex has already incorporated this into his mod) but still no luck.

I get no error messages at all, just back to the desktop.

System details are:
AMD Ryzen 5 4600G
Radeon RX 6500 XT
2x 16Gb DDR4 3600MHz

I have Norton AV but have excluded the SH3 folder from scans and from auto protect, script control, behavioural protection and download intelligence protection.

Please help.

p.s.
I don't understand why, when I was running SH3 (GWX Gold) on a previous Win7 PC I had to do it in XP (SP3) compatibility mode, but now I'm running Win 10 I have to run this in Win7 compatibility?