View Single Post
Old 07-21-23, 05:19 AM   #11973
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The majority of Russian civil society supports Putin's narration. Not becasue the fSb holds a weapin at their sleves, but becasue they really beleive him. They got trained since generations to believe what the powerful tell them. Since centuries.

What Russia needs is a mental denazification program like in Germany after WW2.
This is what I have been saying (or tried to ) since a long time.
But how? I had hoped that an international medium like the 'net would convince some people voluntarily over the time, but if i look at what russian "anchormen" tell their people every day 24/7 and the information broadcast range to Siberia to reach the people – sigh.

So waiting for "the russians" to understand what is going on and act themselves is not likely to happen.
Toppling the russian fascist dictatorship (regardless of being done from within or outside) will not change much because there simply will be a new junta recruiting themselves from the same old "politburo" with the same old cul de sac mindset.
So a new one may or may not be better or at least different to the last one, it will not really change anything.
Russia saw a lot of change from 1917 on, and again after 1989, and then falling back to the good old cold war after 2004. Their civilian society was not anchored strong enough to prevent this, in this short time.

I wonder if anyone read Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" recently, it almost reads like a manual for Russia's invasion and WWIII.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.