View Single Post
Old 09-29-22, 05:39 PM   #1404
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
... i know it's a trite request but sometimes an installation can be off by just a bit (or is it a byte?).
[popeye laugh] gek gek gek [/end popeye laugh] That's awful, mister!!!

AirShark, when you install DirectX v9.0c, and the S3D installer, be sure and right-click their executable or msi file, and select "Run as administrator" on the install also. After the install, select the S3D.exe ("Program Files (x86) \skwas \Silent 3ditor" folder), and experiment with the "Properties" settings by right-clicking S3D.exe, and choosing Properties from the context menu. On the Compatibility tab, you might try the Compatibility settings (try Win7 or WinXP), and / or the "Disable fullscreen optimizations", and / or "Run this as an administrator", and / or use the "Change high DPI settings" button, and set the "High DPI scaling override" to "Application". You would have to experiment with those. One of my computers, I have them all set. On another, just the Admin, and on this laptop, none are changed... go figure that one out... reminds me of Silent Hunter 4... - Oh! You might have to change your UAC settings, if you have those cranked all of the way up. Notch that back one step at a time and test again.

Also, if it still won't open, look in the Task Manager and see if it isn't by chance in the Processes section running. If it is, right-click and End the Process. Try running it again...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote