Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 11:09 PM   #1
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Howdy!

NOTE: I also posted this in the SubSim Regular's Thread, so if that's the wrong place, please Delete that Post. Thanks!

Hello!

My name is Alan, and I'm from Denver, CO, home of the USS Grayling Memorial.

I've always been interested in the Pacific Submarine Campaigns of WW II, both the US and the IJN, ever since I read about the exploits of Wahoo in Richard O'Kane's book of the same name. I still own the paperback I purchased at the school Book Fair in the mid 70's!

I'm particularly interested in the daily life aboard these Fleet Submarines, how the Crew passed their time on board during War Patrols, and for some quirky reason, the Food!

I've just loaded a stark Vanilla version of Silent Hunter 4 on my Laptop, and am interested in learning all I can about the 'Sim'.

Found the SubSim Forum via Bing, as I'm searching for an 'Ultimate' Tutorial Guide that will assist me in the 'basics' of just moving about the SH Enivironment, starting out with just getting the Boat moving in the Navigation Tutorial. I don't even know if such a Tutorial even exists!

So, meet me in the Crew's Mess during the Midwatch and say hello; the Cribbage board is ready, and the coffee's hot as I'm chowing down on some 'Pillows of Death'!

Hope to meet you folks soon.

Alan
USS CUTTHROAT SS-365 is offline   Reply With Quote