View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 12:57 PM   #7
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

DAY 1: 17 September, 1800hrs-0000hrs

GRAVE
While the rest of 2/504 were doing God knows what on the east side of the river, I decided to send in Easy Company from the west and see if they could take the bridge alone. Great success! At 1900hrs sharp the Grave highway bridge was secured!

I ordered 2/504 to come defend it (when it pleases them) and ordered my new favorites to head back over the river and into Grave itself to see, if anyone's home.

The Company reached the city at around 2000hrs and immediately drew fire from a light flak platoon. With a bit of help from the battalion mortar platoon, the city was taken around 2130hrs.

MAAS-WAAL BRIDGES
All quiet at the bridges. Pushed some Companies to the east side of the canal to block the Mook-Nijmegen highway.

GROESBEEK NORTH

Decided to deploy 1/508 further south from Wyler Berg to defend the road running through the forest.

GROESBEEK
Last of enemy resistance is cleared by 1900hrs and the town secured. I order 3/505 to head back south to defend Drop Zone N.

The town is currently under attack by two German units which managed to slip in under darkness.

GROESBEEK SOUTH
As mentioned above, 3/505 was ordered here to defend DZ N. Nothing else to report.

NIJMEGEN

F Company is the first to reach the city proper just past 1915hrs, followed by its sister companies shortly after.

3/508's attack however doesn't progress as well and I order them to regroup and try again.

By the end of first day of battle, the situation remains uncertain. On one hand, I have a foothold on the city and 3/508 is making progress again, but on the other I saw a lot of SS troops crossing the road bridge meaning the 10th SS has arrived. Welp, better dig in!

Situation at 0000hrs.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote