View Single Post
Old 09-27-21, 12:46 PM   #3
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

"A Sunday of wonderful sunshine, appearing to be one of a series of charming but uneventful autumn days. At least until the afternoon..."
- Herbert Kessler, NCO, Training & Replacement Regiment Hermann Goering

DAY 1: 17 September, 1300hrs

Five of the nine battalions have reached ground by 1300hrs and are immediately given orders as per my original plan. The remaining troopers will be landing within the next 30 minutes.

The situation at 1300hrs. I have some very vague intel on enemy troops around the area, not good for much.
Since I originally had no plan for 3/505, I've decided to use it to support the attack on Groesbeek from the west once they land.

Before the chaos begins, I think it's a good time to talk about supply.
Command Ops 2 handles supply in quite a cool way. First of you have Supply Entry Points (SEP) on the map, in this case there's one at Drop Zone O and another at Drop Zone N as marked by the half-circle icon.
These points acts as supply dumps from where supplies are delivered to bases, attached to HQ units. Supplies trickle down the command chain, so the 82nd AB Div base will get theirs first and from there to lower echelon units' bases who in turn figure out which units under their command need what and how much.
Normally units sent their supply requests once or twice a day (0600hrs/1800hrs) at which point their immediate supply base processes those requests, allocates personnel and trucks and sends out supply columns. The columns are not shown on the map, but can be affected by enemy presence. For example, if a previously safe route has now enemy units on the way, the column suspends its mission and tries to return back, usually taking losses in process. If a column is repeatedly attacked, they might simply stop sending supplies to a unit until a safe supply line has been established.

Here's an example of a supply base unit card.
Stocks show the current level vs the required by units drawing from this base.
Capacity tells the depots current supply capacity; Bulk fuel are available/required fuel tankers, Payload represents available trucks and handling shows how many units of supply can be handled in an hour.
Requests list the currently active missions from units calling for supplies.
- Unprocessed
- Suspended (unit's supply lines cut for example)
- Despatched (to requesting unit)
- Aborted (due to enemy threat)
- Returning (from supply mission)
- Returned
Routine/emergency simply shows how many of each request the depot is currently handling.
Next up, transport columns is the number of columns, vehicles and personnel currently on supply missions.
Last tab shows the units and sub bases that draw from this depot.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote