View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 11:17 AM   #811
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I do not recall off the top of my head about that KaleunMarco... I'll have to dig out the notes and see what I have stowed away in my grip. The Tower has to match the mast that has to match the radar, etc., and all of them have to have the dates correct. s7rikeback found more date issues just today, and we had thought we had them all weeded out before. But that's what it sounds like KaleunMarco, is a date issue either in the sub's conn, or the upc files for the sub, or the equipment...
that is probably the root cause of what i experienced. for some reason, my conning tower/turm upgrades, which are automatic and not selectable, always seem to be screwed up. however, there is no hurry to fix it. just put it on the list.
i've already re-installed the previous version of surface radar so everything should be working on the next patrol. kind of like real life: take a new piece of equipment out on patrol and it fails. return to port and put the old one back in.
Quote:
As a side note, the ST is available at Pearl 01-01-1945 for the first patrols of the Tench boats, so wouldn't be on the Balao for a re-fit until mid-January. I would think a Midway boat might see it the beginning to mid-February... Does (did??) the SD work? I know there is no screen for that in SH4 (why??), but you should be getting reports of aircraft by 12nm at the latest, with the improved SD, if you weren't already given the SV Elite along with the SJ...
yes, all previous versions of surface radar functioned as expected. the displays, control knobs, contact reports were all as expected. the problem-radar was not available until February so that date seems to be in line with expectations. most probably the problem is caused by associated equipment mentioned above.
i do not play with Air Search Radar other than early warning(no scope checking, running the antenna up-and-down, etc). once i receive aircraft warning, i pull the plug and take her to 150 feet for 20 minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote