Old 09-21-16, 07:47 PM   #2
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
Hi Gang!
I was wondering if it is possible to play WOTP without keeping the DVD inserted? I have tons of CDs and DVDs and keeping track of them all gets to be a pain.
I installed the game normally and I found pretty quickly it would force me to put the DVD in the DVD drawer before it would let me play. I ended up with 4.55GB in my c:\docs\SSI folder, Is that the key to this problem?
Maybe I need to install it in my program folder? I never did understand why I was told not to install it there when I first obtained the game?
Thanks Ya'll!
LarryT
My version of WotP and U-Boats in the Pacific/SH3/SH5 doesn't require a DVD to even install them, let alone have a DVD in the drive to play.

Steam has WotP currently listed at $9.99... Get the U-Boat Add-on for an additional $9.99 (which includes the update to v1.5). AND if you're interested in SH3 also, you can pick that up too for... You guessed it... $9.99 ! And for the Grand Finalle... SH5 is available for $9.99

So for $40 smackers you got all 4 and never again have to worry about DVDs.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-21-16 at 07:56 PM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote