View Single Post
Old 11-14-21, 06:38 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contemplative Flame View Post
Ah, I didn't know they ran deep too like the 14s (one of their MANY issues). Good to know it wasn't just me surprised to see this happen. Sadly with 1.4 SH4 I know I can't really run the real TMO right? RFB was one of the few overhauls that still worked for me which is why I use it.
Yes, not as discussed as the MK 14's issues, probably because MK 10 was not as widely used as MK 14. Also, the MK 10 "only" an four feet deeper than set on average, setting them shallow pretty much solved issue. The MK 14, even when set to minimum depth, still would run deep enough at times to cause a miss. I have implemented this into forthcoming update of TMO, a lot of shots will miss due to depth issues in early war. Then there was the premature explosions and duds.

As propbeanie pointed out, there are versions of TMO that work with 1.4, but they are quite dated, some versions were first released in 2007/2008. I recently released a update for TMO, since the creator is no longer active in the subsim community and the mod was in dire need of a facelift. I would highly suggest if at all possible finding a SH V 1.5 disk online, or even download it from STEAM(last resort) usually quite cheap so can take advantage of the excellent up to date mods and get the full experience of the sim.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote