View Single Post
Old 08-20-17, 01:26 PM   #8470
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
My update of choice would be removing all UI showing me speed, depth and such a things to force me to look on gauges around

It would force me to move myself to some relevant room (for instance there is compas at control room, sound engineer room and so..., there is speedometer in control room, machineraum and tower.....)
That would be realy nice.
Again: as for officer order icons, that would be a cool addition (or rather a cool deduction lol ), but wouldn't the commander ask his officers about that information? What would come next? Having to walk to the CE in order to command a new depth, or rather having to be in the command room and physically handle the rudders whenever we need to steer the boat? Or, why not, having to go in the torpedo room for firing our eels (missing the pleasure of prononcing the fateful phrase "torpedo loss")? And what about damage interface, how cool would be if had to walk through all the compartments in order to asses suffered damage?

As far as I am concerned...

- more commands by dialog, working 3D dials and minimal interface: big thumbs up

- officer commands and speed, depth, heading, time and hour of the day, CO2 level, etc. information removed from the interface: definitely not, unless we find a way to simulate voicepipes that we can use to remotely issue orders and for asking information on our boat's status
gap is offline   Reply With Quote