Old 12-10-21, 04:45 PM   #293
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, vickers03...

With that "other way", what does that mean, exactly...?
Using the State Machine controller you can assign custom animations to events triggered by 'states' of values in the game. For example, the electrical box sparks / steam damage effects are animations played when hull damage meets a certain criteria. I think they are a bit buggy, as the animation is meant to stop but doesn't. Anyway, you can take some value and if true, or over a certain value, trigger an animation. You can also trigger animations based on certain commands.

Quote:
Does that, lighten the load & such... with regards to fps rate.... load time... (or perchance pray tell...) a mix/merge of those 2.?
For a very simple example, you'd have one engine model that was stationary and another engine model that was animated to move. You'd attach a dial controller to both models, so that when the RPM was zero, the static model would be within the visible area and when the RPM was above zero, the animated model would be moved into the viewable area. Obviously you could refine this with more granularity on the dial controller to have a wider ride of animated objects based on RPM, but this would mean they were all 'running' and just not visible, but still being animated. With a state machine activating the animations, you'd only see the animations when the condition applicable was reached, so yes it would result in a drop in system resources, as the engine would not be being animated (off screen) unless it was running.

Quote:
Secondly... with that "other way" & if by chance that does indeed lighten the load & fps rate/ratio down... can that same process, be then applied to... SH3... perhaps.?
It would mean adding more graph states to the core game, with a StateMachineClass and would not help in slimming down (for stock).

Quote:
I ask this, in all seriousness... as I am truly interested... as I'm looking at ways, means, methods to slim down SH3 yet still have it load & not flat line... & on the flip side, of looking at that same possibility being able to be applied to SH4, as well.

M. M.