View Single Post
Old 08-19-07, 11:24 AM   #45
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
I found the trusted apps list screen in McAfee but there was no obvious way to add a new app to the list. I was able, however, to change "block" to "allow" on the program permissions screen in McAfee, and that seems to have done the trick - the original RSM (from ver.1.0) now fires up with no error messages or warnings.
I'm not familiar with McAfee's setup, but was that change just for the one app or was it a general change? I ask this because if it was a general change, then any app that tries to connect to the internet is going to be allowed to by default.

Perhaps a better way to approach it would be to set the general setting back to "ask" and then when it triggers when you try to start the app, tell it that it is ok for this app to connect. Again, I have no experience with McAfee so I don't really know exactly how to describe the process.

I do know that if that was a general setting, you don't want to leave it that way. It would open the door for all kinds of things that you don't want.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote