View Single Post
Old 03-07-23, 03:09 PM   #26
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubaas View Post
I have OMSI 2 with DLC, and that is a nice title. I didn't even know that LOTUS was its successor. I have a couple of friends who like LOTUS, but I know what you mean about the development.

OMSI 2 took quite a few years to come up to where it is. It's a good title, but by the time that they brought it to its current level, the graphics and such were very out of date. That development team seems to have two modes, slow and slower.

The graphcis of OMSI 2 were those of OMSI 1. The developer were two men only.

These two were school friends and travelled from and to school in former West Berlin - with he bus line depicted in Omsi 1. I know that line too, and the busses, I know their sounds and looks, I lived there, I experienced them live. Superb recreation. SUPERB. Most realistic recreation of original sounds I ever experienced in any driving sim.

OMSI 2 had an addon for the Berlin line X10, which was my favourite to drive, a very long line. Two thirds of its track I know myself, too. (I lived in W-Berlin in all the 80s). OMSI1'S grpahcis already were otudated by tne years when it was released. OMSI 2 some years later brought no improvements on graphics. But that was okay, for the system envertehless allowed atmosphere and immersion, nice cnage of mood with the chnbages in lught and weather. I have many very good memories of Omsi 1 and 2. But I find it not acceptbale to release one day a hopelessly overpriced game that then has graphics that lack behind by two decades. This and the slow pace of LOTUS is why I have turned my back on it. I cannot see this ever becoming an economically successful project. It will always remain to be a niché project for enthusiasts and hobbyists.

The Hamburg addon for OMSI 2 also is very good.

Anyhow, back to Derail Valley.