View Single Post
Old 02-15-23, 04:27 PM   #1355
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
has anyone experienced super large savefolders while playing a career-mission?

what i mean is that, a save folder while in port is approx 259 kB.
the first save while playing the mission creates a save folder that is 162MB. (MEGA)
the mission is a pre-war mission out of Cavite with very little ship action from any navy or merchant marine.
it seems as if the largest file being saved is the SaveFile.rep and it continues to grow until it reaches 909 MB and then...CTD.
since the mission has very little ship interaction and no attacks what is being saved in this file that takes up so much memory? ...

P.S. i traced the source of the problem to a modified Narwhal.Sim file change. i had bumped the EPropulsion speed from 8.75 to 9 kts and that caused the app to create these huge savefolders, tickling 1 GB.
i have performed this manner of change with other modsets in the past and the only change that was noticed was that my sub went a bit faster underwater.
took me all day to find this and i still cannot explain it. it is what it is, i suppose. another example of fine programming-and-design from UBI.
The sim and cfg file figures should match... plus, if you had instituted the change after starting a career, it might cause issues, since the game runs a combination of Save folder and game folder for the Player's boat... most, but not all of it is in the Save folder... ??
- other than that, who know?? besides, "an SH4" thang...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote