Thread: [TEC] Help with medals
View Single Post
Old 01-26-23, 02:28 PM   #28
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

I remember reading somewhere that the "qualifications" for the medals is indeed hard-coded somewhere.

The PH was something like 40% or greater damage to the sub. The next one up was for 3 ships sunk, the next one up for 6 ships, and the next one after that for 9 ships in a certain time period.

I believe there was also another medal for 6 ships in a single action.

The other thing I remember reading is that the "points" or "credits" towards the medal were also influenced by the difficulty setting, so the "harder" or more "realistic" the settings, the "simpler" (more points/credits towards the medal) you recieved towards a particular medal.

It's scattered somewhere on the forums here, and most of the stuff I've come across is from 2009 or so. Apparently it was an Ubisoft programer that gave the info, but it was a few years after they worked on it and he was going off of memory.

I've managed to get the "text" for the award to look somewhat decent, but can't get it to center. That may be what Capt Scurvy was trying to do as well. Here's what it will look like in the mod I'm working on:

It's an early version I managed to screenshot. The citation is all lined up on the right hand side, but I've managed to figure out how to get the stuff to at least look somewhat presentable.

I'll take a screenshot of the latest "dev" version when I can. I've FINALLY removed the unwanted indentation at the bottom as well as the extra lines or spaces that have been put in by the program where I don't want them. It turns out you can't have extra spaces or the formatting goes nuts.

At least the thing now looks like a certificate should look like.

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote