View Single Post
Old 01-24-23, 08:02 PM   #20
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissSubCommander View Post
As you see, in the office view the correct medal shows (the german cross wich I replaced with the golden medal of valor): ...
Ah, capito.

Since my FotRSU install doesn't have any medals in the box, I wouldn't have noticed this small -- but very cool -- detail. I haven't gotten far enough in KSD2 or DW to earn anything.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the medals that are in the "office" are those that are labeled as "CaptainRoom_Badges_x.dds" in the "...\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex" folder. At least for the German side. The US side is, I believe, just "badges.dds" in the same folder.

Again, I'm not sure since I haven't found anything for the configuration of the "office" like for the other stuff. Then again, I'm fairly new at this and still looking around for things.

There are also some other files I've seen while lurking for stuff. There is a "Deco00.dds" and an "insigne.dds" in the ...\Data\Menu\Data folder as well. Not sure where or how these are used, but you may want to check since I've seen them in another folder as well. In either case, they're German.

Now you're making me want to check if there's a way to add the medals back to the box for the US side. And here I was hoping to get something in "beta" out for the weekend!

Keep us posted on what you're able to find!

Definitely looking forward to this!

ElCid97

PS: Try the following in the "menu.txt" file and let me know if it works.

;Italian mod check
5891=In the name of His Magisty, King Victor Emmanuel III,#NEWLINE#Il Duce,#NEWLINE#and the Commanders of the Comando Supremo and Supermarina#NEWLINE#I award the #NEWLINE##NEWLINE##MEDALNAME##NEWLINE##NEWLINE#to #TITLE# #NAME##NEWLINE##NEWLINE#for actions as Capitano of the Royal Italian Submarine #SUBMARINENAME##NEWLINE##NEWLINE#Given this #DATE##NEWLINE#Comando Supremo, Roma, Italia

Remember to back up the original. It's all the way down in the file. If it's done properly, it should give you the citation. You can then write it any way you want keeping in mind the "format" of the #NEWLINE# for each "return" to give you a new line. Your rank is #TITLE#. Your name as you entered it into the career is #NAME#, and the name of the boat as it appears in the sim is #SUBMARINENAME#. Finally, #DATE# is the date the sim gave you the award. Not sure exactly where that's at, but it works.

Also, remember NO SPACES between ANYTHING, or it's going to get messed up. You can have them for editing to make it "read" easier, but YOU MUST remove the spaces for the final form like above. Otherwise it won't work. That's why I was having issues before with the formatting. Live and learn!

Last edited by ElCid97; 01-24-23 at 08:13 PM.
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote