Thread: [REL] Jimimadrid SubManagement
View Single Post
Old 01-03-23, 08:13 PM   #52
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Well ...

As of tonight, it's still the same. The english one doesn't work, but the french one does. No big deal for me since I can get the other one to work, but I know there has to be a reason for the english one not working.

I even tried renaming it without the underscore (from "Uboat_Selector" to "Uboat Selector"), but that had no effect. Even renamed it to the french name, but no-go.

There has to be something simple since the event viewer has the same exact faults every single time (the kernelbase.dll and the form calling).

Sorry if it's litterally a repetition of before, but here's the last itteration:

Application: Uboat Selector.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at Uboat_Selector.Form1.InitializeComponent()
at Uboat_Selector.Form1..ctor()

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
at Uboat_Selector.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instan ce__[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon)
at Uboat_Selector.My.MyProject+MyForms.get_Form1()
at Uboat_Selector.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsF ormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsF ormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsF ormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
at Uboat_Selector.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

and the other one again:

Faulting application name: Uboat Selector.exe, version: 1.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x63b3ef14
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24545, time stamp: 0x5e0eb7f5
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c5af
Faulting process id: 0x2244
Faulting application start time: 0x01d91fd77943c2e7
Faulting application path: C:\SH4_Disk\Uboat Selector.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: b99c91e6-8bca-11ed-85a8-20cf3073b729

I've downloaded the last version of the management package and that didn't work either. I also downloaded the selector from the downloads/mods which is v1.03 as well. Over-wrote the other one, but no dice.

If I can come up with something that may make sense I'll let you all know, but I'm not a programmer so for now I'm clueless.

The only thing I noticed is that when I run the french version I actually get a message about "recherche" and the "Uboat_selector.ini" file gets created in english. It then gives me another small window saying "trouve" and that it will now function correctly (similar to spanish).

I'm guessing one is the "search" and the other is the "find" for the Uboat folder. What I'm not understanding is why the english version is not even creating the ini file -- much less searching or finding the Uboat folder.

Hope this helps to troubleshoot.

Regards,

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote