View Single Post
Old 11-15-19, 08:27 AM   #58
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9us View Post
Now, back to my minor issues with the map updates, which have become a bit more severe...

... it seems feasible that the area circles are based on calendar alone...
Dec 29 '41
~11PM: Message to refrain from use of Mariveles for fuel and repair due to jap activity.

Dec 31 '41
~1AM: Lingayen patrol area circle gone, but flag/star remains.
~3AM: Mariveles US port flag disappears from map.
~11AM: Lingayen patrol flag gone, getting orders to refuel at Mariveles.
The issue with Mariveles is again the calendar. Since you are running behind, Mariveles is closed and the Canopus is scuttled before you get back there. Maybe I'll change the wording of that "order", and make it "re-fuel where you can find it", which at that time, Balikpapan is still available. You didn't miss but 50 renown points for the Marivels stop though. I don't remember, are you told "So-and-so wants to hitch a ride to Surabaya with you"? That is the purpose behind some of the other missions' Objective of having a player come back in to either Mariveles or Manila Harbor. As to the "North Watcher", that is a little island north of Java, east of Sumatra, that had a lighthouse on it. It is too small for the game to represent it with a landmass, so there is a circle drawn on the NavMap, and an arrow drawn to point you in the right direction. You are sent over that way to look for a possible invasion force, but are recalled before you get too far. As in real life, the plans were often changed before they were implemented, due to the speed with which the invasions occurred, and due to Allied lack of communications between the various nations.

As to crashing on loading a Save, double-check your LAA activation on the SH4.exe file, and be sure that the SH4.exe is not set to "Read-only" in its attributes. If it is, clear that, then try LAA on the SH4.exe file again. Usually speaking, a failure to load a Saved game is the result of bad data in the file, which can occur from not having enough RAM available to the game. The attack on the Task Force is a symptom of that. If you have a 32-bit version of Windows, let us know...

btw, that torpedo could have come from an airplane. I don't think we have any submerged AI subs at the beginning...

Thanks for the report, also! Glad you like not being the only joe out there!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote