View Single Post
Old 01-01-15, 06:46 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

All in all I like it. Not just becasue the scale of the game is almost exactly what I was looking for, becasue of this:

I played the tutorial mission three times today. I did not play it even onc eloike recommended in the Tutorial short manual, but on the second and third attempt altered the plan from the mission setup before. I won all three times, but: the mission unfolded three times completely differently, due to different weather and the AI showing three different attack plans. One time I had my tanks in the planned battle range - and I had bad visibility suddenly taking them out of action (range). One time I had infantry far ahead in the city to dig in and greet the enemy infantry that moved there the last time - but this time he rushed in tanks that overrolled me. One time I blocked the northern approach with miones since the first two times he moved from there, and this time he casme form the south, reducing the mine'E effectiveness again.

Cannot remember that a simple mission (in any cosim i ever played) that I played three times, every time played so so totally different.

On the weak AD and inapt helicopters, I saw my Lynx behaving ridiculously for sure, ignoring targets in the open, uncovered. But I am used to inadequate air defence and air operation from Steel Beasts Pro, so I feel almost at home with that. If gameplay is hampered too much by this, I will copy the missions, and then edit them all to take care of that annoyance. Not nice, but no gamekilling issue for me.

The phasing system is brilliant for a turn-based cosim. It snice to be back on hexfield strategy, somehow I just never really got into Conquest of the Agean, both era and vector-based system. I just prefer the old-fashioned hex-designs, maybe because I know them from my teen years in the 80s.