View Single Post
Old 12-30-14, 08:52 PM   #6
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Interest for PBEM is zero. Anything else about the steam version I should know? Lacking updates and patches , or something? It is very much cheaper than at Matrix (which is no surprise, everybody is cheaper than Matrix... )

P.S. Thanks so far!
If you buy from Matrix, you will get a Steam key for free. It does not work the other way around.

There are other problems encountered with the Steam version. I helped a few guys out who bought the Steam version. They couldn't save games no matter how many times they verified the cache with the Steam function. We finally fixed it by getting them to uninstall, delete everything, and then re-install. Even then, it wasn't perfect, but it worked. So, yeah, I think that there are major problems with the Steam update process.

If you will never play PBEM, then you might not miss the Steam problems as much. The lack of serial number is only one of the numerous problems. Even those with a serial number get rejected and have to work-around the problem. There are not that many scenarios. If you only play against the AI, you will soon run out of scenarios. Personally, I am not one to keep re-playing the same scenario repeatedly. The AI will give you some variable approaches, but that is about it.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote