Old 05-04-20, 09:53 PM   #908
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Hi Marco,

It's that simple in stock (created a Tench from a Balao), and I'd been reassured it was possible in this mod, so I'm trying. I've always wanted to drive a Tench but it's wasted against small freighters and sampans in 1945. Going up against Kurita off Samar or drowning future war criminals by the thousands off the Philippines in 1941, that's my idea of fun.

FWIW, I did make the shells, sensors, guns, and torpedoes available on one try, but no luck.

Added: Discovered a glitch where the underside of a sinking Type C3 sub is missing in a systematic way. This is returning from a mission from PH to area 10 beginning in Jan 1945. I'll save a pic or two if anyone's interested.
The damage models on some of keltos's subs that we turned into AI have lost a link reference on a couple, and have other issues that we'll attempt to address next go-round.

As for making a sub available, with a Tench especially, in that it is a late-war boat, it's equipment is also late-war, so you have to dig through the UnitParts and related files, as well as several references in the Sumarine's upc file, as well as its associated conning tower files. Then, besides just putting it in the CareerStart so that it shows on the game menu, you also have to have it defined and available in the flotillas.upc file at the time that you want to use it. You also have to have assignments for the boat to go on for the time period you want. Those assignments have to be in the PatrolObjectives.cfg and in the PatrolObjectives folder... let's see, what else?... mind your ";", date configuration, date validity, spelling, etc. - now I remember! cfg and eqp files!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote