View Single Post
Old 06-06-17, 08:47 AM   #43
Foxendown
Bosun

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

I've spent about 2 hours or so with this sim now and overall am very pleased with it. Some random points, including things I'd like to see fixed:

• I really don't like not knowing how much water is under my keel, have I missed something, can't see a keystroke?
  • I would like to be able to set an exact speed in knots (but can't complain really because Atlantic fleet was the same).
  • Graphics are good but for some reason on my system they look duller and flatter than in Atlantic Fleet (but I haven't tried tweaking settings yet).
  • Minimum requirements are wonderfully low, which means I ought to be able to play this on my Lynx 10 tablet.
  • I wish there was a Navigation tab as I find it easy to get confused with all the keystrokes. I've already broached by accident trying to go the other way and turned in the wrong direction. I've solved the problem by programming a gamepad now which works fine.
  • Being really petty now I know-but the briefings and other text needs proof reading again for typos and in the campaign screen the land force icon looks like a BMP-3 not in service till 1987 and even more wrong for NATO. Armour experts please correct me if I'm wrong!
  • Where is the level editor that was mentioned on the Steam Store page (reference now removed)?
  • I liked the tutorials and the help screen is a good feature but IMHO tutorials should always include some relatively easy scenarios in which you are under fire. As it is all you have are sitting ducks. Otherwise the single missions and campaigns can seem like a cliff wall to less experienced players.
So far, based on early impressions, I think Killerfish are to be congratulated on a great product, I do hope that now they will focus on enhancing this rather then heading off to something new. I would certainly go for a "Blue Storm Rising" add-on (one Soviet sub versus the might of NATO)

Last edited by Foxendown; 06-06-17 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Adding things I meant to say before.
Foxendown is offline   Reply With Quote