View Single Post
Old 06-06-17, 03:42 AM   #35
xXNightEagleXx
Planesman

Downloads: 148
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I'm not bashing cold waters, just saying it's not really a subsim like everyone else says, but rather a sub strategy and action game.

Also just taking a look at the way everyone is playing it, like for instance, dodging torps with the help of the external view, just confirms my point of view!
Well, probably that will be an issue for most if not all 3rd person subsim. Maybe even if they do provide you an inside sub camera, it might not provide you enough tools to have a correct situation awareness thus react in the proper way. However i do believe that there is a good solution to torpedoes issues, which is instead of showing they exactly position, they could give you a rough direction from where they are coming from (like the presence direction that old ghost recon games used) thus you have an idea from where they are coming from without being so precise.

Secondly but most important, a long time ago someone in this forum, Rockin Robbins, taught me a good lesson....just because a game has some flaws or tools that you can exploit, it doesn't mean you have to. You can just give you enough self discipline and ignore those things that you can exploit, especially when playing in solo or co-op against AI.
xXNightEagleXx is offline   Reply With Quote