View Single Post
Old 07-28-11, 08:50 PM   #3074
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

U-46 11th Patrol cont'd....

October 23, 1940 22:53 Spotted neutral ship. CG 24. Seems like we've been here before....

October 24 05:57 CG 24. OMG, sank another neutral ship! It was alone and blacked out, weather was filthy, so I made the decision to attack. *sigh* BdU will probably reevaluate my career after this.

Oct 27 01:30. BF 17. Attacked convoy at night on surface. Fired all tubes. A Black Swan took one for the team, thereby saving a big tanker from being hit. Other torpedoes missed targets, one hit another neutral ship and OMG apparently one of my torpedoes hit a blue ship on the far side of the convoy -- one of ours! A German sub attacking the convoy, perhaps?

Later I lost contact with the convoy. Only have one torpedo left. I am not looking forward to the court martial when I return to Lorient. Four neutrals sunk along with a friendly ship, not to mention the paltry tonnage and the dead crewman. I hope I have something nice to wear when they hang me with piano wire.

October 29 01:52. Medium cargo. BF 17. Maneuver for stern shot.
02:18 Torpedo hits and medium cargo sails blithely on. I follow it for a while, but it's too rough to use the deck gun. Another lost opportunity. I set sail for Lorient. Crew is already writing their transfer letters.

October 31 -- Halloween. I reach port on this day of all days, how appropriate. Gray seas, gray sky, gray rain. I can hear a buoy tolling in the distance. It's like the sound of doom.

It tolls for me.

Patrol tonnage: 20,300 GRT, 4 neutrals, one "friendly." This was without a doubt the most depressing and dispiriting patrol I have ever had, and I've been playing this game since it came out. How depressing.

I can already hear the crack of the small caliber pistol behind my right ear....

P.S. to Ijnfleetadmiral:
It's very frustrating, but that's why I love the game so much!

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote