View Single Post
Old 07-28-11, 02:37 AM   #3066
ijnfleetadmiral
Ensign

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

U-209 departed on her 3rd patrol from Brest on 7 September 1940. The following day, C2 Cargo American Merchant (6,446 tons) and C3 Cargo Barnstable (7,909 tons) were sent to the bottom, both after being stopped by torpedoes and then sunk by gunfire. Just after midnight on 9 September, the sub was surprised to sight Clemson-class DD Litchfield (1,190 tons; ironically, the first vessel of this type I've sighted in the game!) and sank her without warning.

From 13 September onward, C2 Cargo Golden West (6,448 tons), C2 Cargo Red Rover (6,449 tons), Small Merchant Frances Dawson (2,343 tons), and C2 Cargo Fairisle (6,450 tons) were all sent to the bottom. U-209 returned to Brest with 7 ships sunk for a nice 37,235 tons.

Upon arrival, OLzS Suckel was awarded the Swords to his Knight's Cross, and every torpedoman who didn't already have it was awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class. All enlisted are now Chief Seamen, and all NCOs are now Chief Sr. Warrant Officers.

Looks like the curse is broken!

Question: If I reassign my current officers, can I promote some of my NCOs to Sub-Lieutenant, and then some of my Chief Seamen to Warrant Officer? Does SH3 Commander let you do that?

ijnfleetadmiral is offline   Reply With Quote