Old 12-15-21, 01:16 PM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
NO NEVER uninstall your steam launcher as that will mess up your steam program, just uninstall sh3 from your steam library and then go to your documents folder on your pc and deleting any sh3 folder thats there which saves your previous corrupted career. Once that is done just install one of these compilation mods, they both have the game built into them so you don't even need the game and install instructions are included with them.
Vanilla SH3 - awful looking and too bland/easy
Toyagt86 all in one compilation mod (GWX with all the best mods and realism patches, Difficulty - Normal) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/kegqn...sion+2.7z/file
Onealex all in one compilation mod (GWX with all the best mods and realism patches with increased AI sensors and aircraft, Difficulty - Hard) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Fi...DmQDVAE1Y/view
Ok, where to begin here...

Ahh... yeah. Unistalling Steam, will NOT mess up the Steam program. I know this, for a fact, as I AM a steam user. Have been, for some time now. Have had to uninstall, a few times... in fact.

Steam, keeps a database of what games you have purchased, or got for free... for just such instances when an uninstall of them, IS called for. That's point 1.

Point 2... Unless you have, for lack of better judgement... short circuited it... Steam, does also... keep up with your latest game save history (well, to be more precise... certain games... as to all of them, am not sure of or clear on that point... exactly.

With SH3, there really is no need to do so, since you are better off... having that info on site, at hand, on your own computer... this, despite the fact that there are times when that save info can & does get corrupted. Which, is why I started some time back, to keep a backup copy of it... for just such happenstance.

SH3, or any game/sim... for that matter, should NOT now, or EVER be installed into either of Window's "Program files... EVER. Back in the day, Win, wasn't as much of a p.i.t.a, as it is now on that... when SH3 & older game/sims were released. That I recall of.

The steps I outlined, are successful... On My Dell, before it k lined on Me.... I had mods on the A drive & launchers, My games library's for all the launchers I had (Arc, Battlenet, wargamings Game Center, Origin, Steam & Ubi's ) were on the C drive.

Computer I'm, now using:

OldCdrive, is the 1 that was in the Dell when I 1st got it. it is now hot listed as A drive. Therein, is My mods repository... & game launchers ( **see list above pic** ) C drive, now only houses Win & any & all tools I use, nothing more... & E drive, is now the repository of the game launcher libraries.

The only time now, that C drive sees a mod for a game, is for Me to do what tweaking/editing/rework is needed on them. Once I have done what's needed... it gets drag dropped in what game/sim it is required... over into its MODS folder on C. After that, it gets a folder named for it to be dropped into, zipped & goes into the vault on A. After some time, I was able to, on this computer now... to get about all the games I have, now stored over on E, are (just about all of them there, is still some I need to work on getting back to playability. isn't easy, when you love playing & tinkering with 'em... ) back to full playability...

As of last count... I have "9", count them... 9... copies of & modded SH4 v1.5, at current, 7, of SH3... 2 of those are already set & ready to go... 2 others, am in the works of having them ready... & the other 3... are test beds for ideas I have... of which the thread "Re: putting SH3 on a diet", is 1 of those remaining 3....

Main point is, here... Yes, it can be done.. & done safely... I know.

Now, as to the other items you mentioned... I did bring up 2, 1 of which, you missed touching on... Anvart1061's GWR (GWX3, reworked/reimagined... take your pick on a descriptor there... your choice ) Had Toyo's set, slip My mind & that is My mea culpa. That 1 I can say, is a good option to consider...

Ok, gonna end here...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-15-21 at 03:02 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote