View Single Post
Old 01-24-08, 03:19 PM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Those little fans on the graphics cards DO go on occasion. Usually, the buzzing means that it got unbalanced (Usually because of dust). By the time it starts making noise, there's not much an easy way to stop it other than get a new fan (which usually costs about half the price of a new graphics card for some reason).

As for cleaning the inside of the computer, don't use the brush attatchment. Make sure your computer is unplugged. Just use the hose itself. Don't touch the board or components directly. Just hold the hose close enough so that it sucks the dust. Another good method is to use some caned air to blow dust out of hard to reach spots and then vaccuming as it's coming out (DON'T HOLD THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN AND KEEP THE LITTLE STRAW A BIT AWAY FROM THE COMPONENTS) When doing fans, hold one of the blades with your finger and suck all around it or used the canned air but like I said.. hold the blades(Otherwise, the suction can actually spin the fan so fast that it can be damaged). Pull out that graphics card and you can do the same directly to the card itself. The fan probably has a cap on it and you can probably pop that off with a couple of little screws. Look around the fan's axel and see if you can see any dust wrapped around it. This stuff, you can pull out with tiny tweesers. Once again, if you vacume, be sure to hold the fan blades in place.

If this doesn't fix it, like I said, you can either buy a new fan for the card (Usually half the price of a new graphics card) or just buy a new card.