View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 08:35 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The NRA is about securing and boosting profits for the firearms-producing industry, it is no amendment-defending lobby at all but a business lobby putting profit above everything else.

This it is, and nothing else - everything else they claim to be is just alibi, deception, misleading of the public, blackmailing politicians, and hijacking the 2nd amendment.

I could be for rights of owning a firearm - and by European standards I am more in favour of that than is considered politically correct over here - and still would not wish to have anything to do with this highly dubious organisation.

Lobbyism should be understood as a capital crime, because in my book it is conspiration against the people. In case of the NRA, the conspirators are powerful enough to blackmail the representatives who got "legitimated" through public elections - whatever that is worth in today's prolocracy, but let'S ignore that for the moment. When lobbies draw the laws and design the policies, a democracy is no more a democracy where majority decisions by and on behalf of the people decide things. It is a hidden form of tyranny by a small, hidden elite bypassing the democratic rules completely, and abusing them. That'S why I consider lobbyism to be a capital crime. That is true for business lobbies. That is true for grassroot movement lobbies. Lobbyism always is aiming at bypassing the majority vote, or manipulating it. That's what makes it criminal.