View Single Post
Old 02-24-23, 08:21 AM   #4
KapitanShad
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Slightly off topic , but IMO something to bear in mind is appreciating the immersive realism of human opponents in sims. I'm referencing what was for me the highlight period of sub simming when Silent Hunter II interfaced with Destroyer Command.
Nothing has come close to the sense of dread and utter helplessness that sitting under a human controlled destroyer ( or three ) knowing that they are intent on hunting you down no matter how long it takes... ping ping,every tactic, trick, deception and bluff .... a real game of minds and character.

Hours and hours of deep immersion trying to get a sub into the Med through the Gibraltar straits ... to get passed several player operated destroyers. A real test of nerve.

Would definitely like to see this happen with Wolfpack.
Would be happy to pay top dollar and contribute where I could

PS: On re-reading this I guess what i'm trying to say is the relationship between the Silent Hunter and the Hunter Destroyer is more important, thrilling and immersive, than the fairly pedestrian and repetitive process of accumulating tonnage. Cooperative Multi Player on both sides of the surface would be mind blowing. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by KapitanShad; 02-24-23 at 10:34 AM.
KapitanShad is offline   Reply With Quote