View Single Post
Old 10-30-22, 05:13 PM   #8
LSUTigersFan
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

For context, I would get through the introduction screen in Windows II in SH4 with the Fall of the Rising Sun Mod to a black screen with an hourglass (that never changed) or a pointer, with the same result. I downloaded the SH4 Gold with UBoat Missions from Amazon through the link on Subsim.

I finally got it to work. In no particular order...

(1) I checked the box overriding the High DPI, disabled fullscreen optimizations, and ran it as administrator
(2) I cranked UAC down one hash (one above the bottom)
(3) Changed the Main.cfg file to run in 1080p. From another post on Steam, I made the following changes. Go here and put in these settings.

:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Cfg\Main.cfg

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1270,720,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=No
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=No

Thats exactly how the video section in cfg file must look like,

(4) I changed the screen display scale to run at native 100%

I am not sure which one was the trigger, as I had been playing around for a while. If I recall correctly, I had the same no go results with steps (3) and (4), but it was logging in as administrator and lowering the UAC that may have sealed the deal. It seems to work fine now, as everything loads up. It has been a while since I played, so I cannot say it ALL works fine. I can get at least to the training screens now.

I may go back and undo things to what the true fix was, if it was not a collection of fixes.
LSUTigersFan is offline   Reply With Quote