Old 01-24-21, 01:13 PM   #183
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxianFive View Post
I already have SH1, SH2, SH3, SH4, and SH5 all on original discs and SH4 U-BOAT as a digital download all work great on this win 10 pc except SH4+U-BOAT which has the mentioned activation problem after working for over 2 years on it. If I buy the steam version with U-BOAT missions is it easy to install duplicate installations on my other hard drives?
Ahoy, Galaxian5...

I have 3, 4 & 5 through Steam & to be frank, I have a 2 HD set up on My computer... I use the main drive for win, My games library folder (set up out side of either \prog files or \prog files (x86) for obvious reasons... it keeps it out of UAC's grubby evil paws... so I can mod My games as I see fit to do so.

The 2nd drive is My notes, mod repository & where I stack the game launchers at... I know that some only roll with 1 HD, so am not sure if how I set things up in the \Games ''library'' will work or not... as I don't have a computer set up with just 1 drive, to test that out on... This set up is for SH4, am NOT sure if the same will work with SH3 or 5... as I haven't tested it out with those SH line ups...

That said, I have sh4 ''pristine'' copy in the \common folder & from there, have My SH4 mods in that same \common folder, in a folder named \SH4 megamods. In that folder, I have each copy I modded out, in their respective mod names, like We dive at Dawn!, FotRSU-Nippon Maru, Op. Monsun: Dark & so on... Think I have 5 different megamodded flavors of SH4 total...

I copied the guts of SH4, from that ''pristine'' copy (which I finalized the set up after install, by running it to allow for any additional stuff to be done first), I then pasted that into the folder named to the mega I wanted to go with, put in to it jsgme, multiSH4, run MultiSH4 to set up the new save folder naming it to match the mod, closed that, moved on to running the jsgme once, to allow for the 'MODS' folder to be set up. Dropped in all that goes for the mega into 'MODS', run jsgme to active them in the order of that is needed... run Large Address Aware, to assign the SH4.exe 4 GB of RAM, & then send a copy of jsgme, the SH4.exe to desktop so I don't have to go back into the folder to run them & rename them to the mod flavor

hope this info helps...

M. M.