View Single Post
Old 05-10-17, 05:21 AM   #13
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Hi, I do appreciate your help, I hope I am not getting under your skin!!

I tried these shortcuts:

It's being a total pain!!!

The path to the Farcry2.exe file is "/home/reece/.cxoffice/Far_Cry_2/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Far Cry 2/bin"

No problem, I'm not looking at it, so I have to "ping" with ideas, and see what "echos" back in your post...
Not long after joined the forum, I was helping Sublynx sort out the SH3 Wide Screen Mod induced video driver issues with his AMD 4500 series card in his laptop. Shortcuts are easy compared to driver issues!

With my SH3 example, I was just trying to give you a basic idea of what a non-"drive C" install MIGHT look like....

So now that I have your complete install path, I'll see if I can get a working command here...
Quote:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/Reece/.wine" /usr/bin/wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /unix /home/reece/.cxoffice/Far_Cry_2/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft/Far Cry 2/bin/farcry2.exe -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1
IF that doesn't work, then we will need to try this one:

Quote:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/Reece/.wine" /usr/bin/wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /unix /home/reece/.cxoffice/Far_Cry_2/drive_c/Program\ Files/Ubisoft/Far\ Cry\ 2/bin/farcry2.exe -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1
NOTE the "\" before the 'spaces' in "Program Files" and "Far Cry 2".

Linux command line does NOT like spaces. They are "special" characters, so you have to tell it so. With a "\".

If neither of these work, We may have to trouble shoot this in the terminal and see what is going on.
If the above works, ignore this part below...

Option 1: The fast way: Use your file browser, and go to the location of the farcry2.exe and right click on the back ground within the "folder" (not on any particular file), there SHOULD be (somewhere in there) a "open terminal here" (or similar). Click it.

Option 2: Open a Terminal Window (should be on your launcher menu somewhere, just type "terminal" in the search if you can't find it), and manually type your way to your farcry2.exe.

Assuming that you are in your /home folder, it should look something like this in the terminal:

Quote:
[reece@localhost ~]$
The "~" means you are at "/home/reece" so navigating to your farcry2.exe should go as follows:
You can also break this up, and do one directory at a time. Don't forget the "\" before the spaces!

Quote:
cd .cxoffice/Far_Cry_2/drive_c/Program\ Files/Ubisoft/Far\ Cry\ 2/bin
Quote:
wine farcry2.exe -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1
On my end: Something is interfering with my Virtual Machine software starting, so I'll need to figure out what that is, and then I can give you actual step-by-step instructions as to where to find something (such as the terminal).
As it is, I'm running off of 4 month old memory of about 2-3 hours of using Ubuntu...

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote