View Single Post
Old 05-07-17, 03:27 AM   #6
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
exec "/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine" --bottle "Far_Cry_2" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/Public/Desktop/Far Cry® 2.lnk" "$@"
It is referencing a ".lnk" file, in "C:/users/Public/Desktop/..." which means that it is most likely referencing the "Windows" link in the WINE directory, which -as far as WINE is concerned- is drive "C:".

To give you an example, my primary WINE directory as viewed in WINEcfg:

drive C: is viewed as "../drive_c".

If I go into my "/home/[login-name]/.wine" directory, I see 2 sub-directories:

"dosdevices" and "drive_c"

if I go to the directories specified in your link I quoted above on my PC (C:\users/Public\Desktop...", I have:

Steam.lnk
(and a few others)

That is most likely where you would need to edit the parameters.

Now you COULD (#1) add a shortcut to your Ubuntu desktop and edit it to launch Far Cry that way (basically a "shortcut" of what you would type into the terminal, not a "Linux shortcut to the Windows .lnk file")

I did find this if you want to (#2) try editing the "Windows .lnk" file in your WINE

https://askubuntu.com/questions/4336...e-wine-desktop

IF you want to add a Linux shortcut (#1 above) this is a "generic" shortcut based one of mine. I did try building a shortcut for SH3 "from scratch" using this one, and it worked.

You just need to make sure you have your directories in the shortcut correctly (capitalization!) and it should work. RR should be able to clarify any Ubuntu specific tweaks needed.

You should be able to right click the desktop and select "create shortcut" (or something similar). Then just edit the fields in the box that opens..

On the "Command" line put:
Quote:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/[login-name]/.wine" /usr/bin/wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe [game].exe
On the "Work Path" line:
Quote:
~/path/to/game/folder/
I'm still getting my System back up to 100%, I'm trying to get my VM software installed so I can get the Ubuntu VM I've still got here working again so I won't have to "translate" across distros, I can just "do it" and let you know.

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote