View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 03:17 PM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi T
Quote:
I prefer to use auto tdc so my in game gampelay manual targetting option is disabled everytime (both in stock and twos).
Not sure why you say disabled everytime?

In the bunker if game play changes are made unless a manual games save is made and that game save is used to load the game the settings will always go back to the original settings.
So if you go to the options menu and select game play changes while you are in already playing in a career and make any change in it they will be ignored.

In Twos this patch is enabled for manual targeting.
For Auto TDC it needs to be disabled along with the patch in the Game Play Settings from the Options menu.

Quote:
I don't need to lock the target with space key.
If you do not lock the target the target will pass along your periscope cross hair and disappear from view.

When you lock the target the cross hair continues to track the target.
If you fire a torpedo now it will miss the target as the target is not in the same position as you originally saw it unless it was not moving.
When you unlock the target and fire the torpedo the TDC calculates where it believes the target will be to hit it.

You can see this demonstrated when you tick the patch in the TAI map to "Show torpedo solution line" you will see the difference between locking on and off the target.
The line you see is the line the torpedo tracks on.
When you have a target enable the patch and you will see when you lock the target the line will got to the center of the ship.
When you unlock the target you will see the line has moved to a new position where the target will be providing the torpedo has been fired to track this new line.
It is essential that the torpedo door for the chosen torpedo is already open otherwise it will will miss.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 08-22-19 at 03:28 PM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote