View Single Post
Old 06-14-13, 02:50 AM   #4
Spiced_Rum
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I did have to fix one of their laptops about a year ago and it was really cheap and nasty - but a few years old - their parts now are much better.
They do save costs on by using a basic laptop case which is fairly plain and boring, but I am less bothered with external looks anyway as it is the internal components which are important. My only issue is that the keyboard is quite loud when I type, [excuse for my typos] making each key click unlike some softer keyboards. However, overall I was very pleased with the specs and value for money. I made sure that it was Windows 7 and not Windows 8 (prefer an OS that I can trust and a layout I understand)

So simple to order, and I liked the on-line status of the build process which informs you of current progress and provides the name of the engineer / tester working on your build. The delivery service by DPD was first rate, they arrived in the allocated 2 hour slot which they promised, and also send email and text to let you know when your 2 hour window is so that you do not have to waste the whole day sitting at home like a child waiting for Christmas

For a desktop system I favoured the Chillblast based on reviews, and their website is easy to use to customise the computer to meet your needs, but I have not used them so cannot say what they are like.

"The only rocks I want to see are in my glass, and covered with lashings of Spicey and Coke"
Spiced_Rum is offline   Reply With Quote