Old 12-10-21, 04:36 PM   #274
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
my apologies for duplicating topics but i cannot find the previous post-string on this.

previously, we discussed the issue of the lengthy process of slowing a boat to stop, especially when submerged.

did we come to a conclusion or, even better, a fix for this phenomenon?

i ask because i just spent 7 minutes slowing a gato-class boat from 5 kts to stop. lords only knows how much distance we covered.

Hmmm...

Just wonder... know that there was a mod, that dealt with seeing of correcting ship's ability to take off like they had rocket assisted jet packs, as well as their ability, to stop on a dime... then give you .09 cents change back.

My wondering is... if that mod worked as intended... would the... physics of it, that applied to surface ships, be able to then be turned around & used to work with subs submerged... based on their speed factors while submerged... taking into account, length, weight, engines... then factoring in waters effects... drag, & such.

Would think... with a 1x ratio of those coefficients with regards to surface ships... would be... hmmm... 1.5x to the ratio for the surface ships, if not even perhaps... per chance, up to 2x that ratio. Quite possibly 1.75x, even.

Hmmmm...

M. M.