View Single Post
Old 01-21-23, 05:58 AM   #520
tarkalak
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Thanks a lot for the new version, the bigger optics fixed the only thing that bugged me with this GUI.

A few notes/bugs:
1. The Salvo selector doesn't have the labels which tubes are selected. Previously it had II,III for example for selecting 2nd and 3rd tube. This is also visible in author's screenshots. This is true for a both periscopes and the UZO.
2. Binocular view seems broken, the visual part is rectangular instead of "binocular" shaped.
3. In the Hydrophone Operator's post (key H) it is no longer possible to move the camera, only pan it. I prefer to raise the view a bit up, so I could look at the gauge directly instead of the default lower position.
4. On the attack disk - the direction at which you are looking is coupled with the "shot" arrow. Previously it was coupled with the smaller pointer and the shot arrow was rotated manually. If I understand correctly they used it for setting up manual shots in real life and the long arrow was used to note the torpedo track for manual shots. So the previous implementation allowed for setting up manual (no TDC) shots, but the current one doesn't.

5. I installed it on top of the OneAlex mod and GWX (I believe) changes the stealth indicator into visibility indicator. The graphic for it is returned to the small boat in different colors instead of the "Excellent visibility", "Zero Visibility", etc. texts. The indicator works correctly showing the visibility condition, just the graphic changed.

Last edited by tarkalak; 01-21-23 at 06:08 AM.
tarkalak is offline   Reply With Quote