View Single Post
Old 07-30-23, 12:19 PM   #15
Tabris
Gunner

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFilm View Post
plus the torpdoes are far from being an assured hit. They may or may not be dropped in a good direction and then may or may not aquire your engine noise depending on how loud your sub is. They do at least keep you on your toes; needing to dive fast to avoid the plane's conventional weapons, and then go slow or deep to avoid the torpedo from acquiring your engine noise.
as a fellow bigtime XXI player, I'm intrigued. Have you actually been hit by one before? I had passed over this mod because frankly, the Mk24's performance doesn't look too intimidating compared to the XXI's performance. Here are some of uboat.net's stats on the weapon:

Speed and Endurance: 12 kts for approx. 15 min
Search Pattern: Initial circle search approximately 150 ft (45m) dia. at 50 ft (15m) depth; shift to acoustic homing upon target detection. Initial search depth was later changed to 150 ft (45m).

Unless the weapon is meaner than that in this mod, it kind of sounds like the XXI is immune unless in shallow water. As a fellow elektroboot driver I'm sure you know, we can reach 100m in a matter of seconds, while maintaining 11-12kt even with the dive planes set for crash-dive.

At this point I'll probably still give it a go. Anything that makes the XXI harder to play would be welcome. But like I said, I'd be eager to know if you've actually been struck by one.

- Tabris
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote