View Single Post
Old 08-11-21, 06:30 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Grrrr, second time after Carrier Command Gaea Mission from around ten years ago that somebody claims to revive the old legacy - and seems to have spoilt it, and for the same reason again like Gaea: bad pathfinding, bad unit and wepaon AI. Careless mess of different package offerings in the shop do not impriove the first impression. I got some feedback on the developer's reputation, he seems to like leaving things in an unfinished state and mess up pathfinding AIs. VR seems to be really bad, namely bad interface. I would have expected the opposite, but apparently I expected wrong.

Too bad, I really wanted to like this game, but I am now in standby-and-overwatch mode, not buying. Will see whether they improve the game in the next months, but my hopes are very low. Also, for what is offered in looks and broken things, the price tag is way too high.

I hope it is no omen for its planned later titles that Microprose "Neo" offered its brand name for this publishing.

P.S. Reminds me of the various attempts there have been to recreate the original Amiga Speedball 2. Several games over the past 20 years, all failed miserably - and unneeded. Nobody got it and understood that all that was wanted to make it a big success was to just do an exact 1:1 visual and acoustic and gameplay carry-over from the Amiga to PC. No new stuff, no different looks, no nothing. People begged for right this. No developer ever understood. Every developer claimed to improve it so very much. All failed miserably. - When somethings' good, then its good. Don't "improve" it.