Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 03-28-23, 08:28 AM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Post of the Year
Nomination basis: Major info post from the Master
Forum: General Topics

Nominated Member: Skybird
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
The good news is it is type 2, not type 1.

The good news also is that you can most likely reverse it by food adaptation.

The bad news is you need to cut down on sweets and other carbohydrates.

The bad news also is you must cut your weight if you say you are overweight.

The bad news is you shoukd better forget convencience food for quite soem time.

Topics and theory you may want to familiarize yourself with:
- mediterranean diat
- keto diet (and no, that is not a canivore diat exclusively)
- low carb diet
- intermittend fasting
- good versus bad oil and fat
- vitamine D, and supplementation in general on a wide front, in depth.

Dont let your head hang down, there is no reason to. Diabetes type 2 is perfectly treatable, managable - and can be healed. My father has type 2 diabetes, and as I already told in the last two years, he is completely beyond it, age 79 now, needs no more drugs, never took insuline anyway, and the doc is perplexed. No signs that diabetes ever was there.

So, if only you want to deal with it you have good chances to control it, probably even get rid of it.

Type 1, now, that would be bad news.

:salute:

For a start, try with this, I hold that man in high esteem:

https://www.amazon.de/Diabetes-r%C3%...ps%2C72&sr=8-3

Or if you prefer the English edition:

https://www.amazon.de/Diabetes-Code-...ps%2C72&sr=8-5

also, this:

https://www.amazon.de/Die-Schlankfor...ps%2C72&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.de/Obesity-Code-U...005231&sr=8-20

Diabetes Type 2 is a symptom for a dysbalance in hormones, namely insuline and grelin, the way to tackle that dysbalance is via tackling consummation of carbohydrates to avoid insuline spikes, and switch energy production from carbs-based to ketone-based. If you get it right, you will eat plenty of healthy fats, must not hunger, and loose weight without falling victim to jojo effects. I dropped from 92 to 77kg in 6 months, and kept that weight for an additional 12 months, without jojo. Then I ate more carbs again, a few sweets but espeically bread - and gained weight again - my own fault. But I know that it works now. I did it, and I kept it. I see it in my father. And I read many other patient cases.

Do yourself a favour when you start to implent measures - do not even start to count calories, thats total nonsense. It leads you nowhere, only kills pleasure. Also, sports is good for many things, for the heart, blood system, lungs, muscles - but forget about trying to use sports to acchieve a calory deficit. Sport is fantastically unsuited for that purpose! ;)

Do not reduce food intake to a degree where you still feel hungry. Take in all energy your body needs - but make it switching energy production from carbs to fats. Your body knows it, it did that for many months when you were a newborn, it must only be reminded of it that it can do that way. Once you get into thismetabolic state - called ketosis - you body then will start to not only use the fat you eat to prodcue energy, but will realise that he can do the same with the fat in your fat reserves. And then you start to loose weight while eating rich and fatty!

Mediterranean diet has no commonly agreed definition, there are many variations in understanding what it actually is. But some similiarities are this: very few carbs (little or no pasta or bread for exmaple!). Plenty of good olive oil and fatty sea fruits. Plenty of vegetables. No sugars.

Avoid all unfermented soy. Avoid plant oil (rape, sunflower, soy, corn etc).

Avoid "Sättigungsbeilagen" like potatoes, noodles, rice. Eat the vegetables, meat, fish, but no carbs like noodles, potatoes, rice. If you want that, do it rarely andf then as a main dish that you do not eat often. If you nevertheless want side dishes, choose hirse or oats.

Have oats days.

If you are on a three meal schemes, reduce it to two meals, say breakfast and lunch. Try breakfast shortened to just a fatty coffee.

DO NOT SNACK between these meals.

Markus, there is much you can do about this diagnosis, and if you get it right, i am certain to 95% that you can get completely free of type 2 diabetes. As long as you have no additional health issues that I do not know.

And please - do not what the health authorities of your government advice you to do or some Danish food or diet association like the German Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung. Their advices sometimes are simply outright toxic.

BTW, plenty of vegetable - but not more than one fruit per day at max! The sweeter the fruit, the more fructose it contains. Not good. Dark berries would be best, they say.

If you do fasting, remember that you need salt. PLENTY of it. NEVER save on salt.

Vinegar helps to keep insuline lower. Vinegar or cheese before the emal is always a good idea. Apple vinegar in water, two spoons already is enough.

:up:

Last tip: do not run such a strict regime now that you cannot maintain motivation for longer time to keep it up. There is no use in doing it ultra tough for three months, and then you run out of compliance and stop it. Do it softer, but aim for the longer haul.

And some really bad news: better ban alcohol for a year or so. Body takes plenty of energy from it, sabotaging your attempt to switch to fat-based energy metabolism.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote