Old 12-07-08, 08:32 PM   #7
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts
The original Aces of the Deep.

Surely I wasn't the only one who was disappointed that the "painted" menu screens were replaced with photographs in the "Command" version? :hmm:
OMG! How do you do it??

We have to have an official Subnuts day sometime, you are a legend. And one away from an Iron Cross with Crossed Swords.

Yowser, Aces of the Deep!

About the game:

Quote:
Defects are slight when compared to the level of realism and atmosphere present in Aces. Examples: As you cruise to your assigned patrol zone, from time to time it is wise to slow to one-third and dive to periscope depth. Occasionally you will be rewarded by picking up the sounds of a distant convoy that U-boat command is unaware of. Another example is the intensity and visual realism of enemy shelling. If you attack on the surface, an enemy corvette will try to close the range and fire its guns. The shells can be clearly seen arcing their way to your boat. The misses will send up powerful steeples of water and spray (much better than, say, Fighting Steel). Time to go deep, eh, Herr Kapitan? Surface near a battlegroup and the skies are filled with bombastic display of gunnery and you're the target. Aces makes fighting fierce. The enemy AI is awesome at 100% realism. Take too much damage and the game becomes a struggle to stay above crush depth. It'll take every trick you've ever read about to survive.
BTW, can you tell me if has been "enhanced"?? I do not have explosions or planes like that!!

Neal