Old 10-30-22, 03:21 PM   #64
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/30/b...acy/index.html

He didn't let me wait long. What have I written just two days ago?

I think he will wreak considerable havoc in the political landscape, and want to establish fake news as equal to evidence, so that the concept of an ultimate truth of last resort - the definition of "truth" - is completely destroyed. (...) Anyone who has read Musk's remarks on the foreign policy plan for Ukraine can easily calculate that only dangerous things can result from this low intellectual level.

Garbage X has started. Have a nice disaster flight, the trip will be a nightmare.
Unlimited freedom of speech on social media leads to polarization, to the spread of disinformation and the undermining of democracy, to a huge increase in hatred as well, and an upsurge in all kinds of racism. This is because of the nature of social media, because of their revenue model enshrined in their algorithms. Social media float on advertisements and thus want attention, as much and for as long as possible, from as many people as possible. The most attention attracts expressions that generate hate and outrage. Thus, any algorithm that wants to generate as much attention as possible will favor such polarizing, promoting and hateful posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote