View Single Post
Old 04-20-14, 08:55 PM   #486
Jaystew
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
If you are running any 'heavy' mods then I can see how you're running out of memory

You are probably running a 32bit OS also correct? If so:
4GB of RAM means you only have a theoretical 3GB available for applications. Of that theoretical 3GB 512MB is reserved for memory mapping of the video card. That leaves you with a theoretical 2.5GB. I think you can see why you are crashing on out of memory now. Be glad your video card doesn't have more RAM than it does

You really need at least 8GB of RAM and a 64bit OS to play this game with any 'heavy' mods
Running 64bit.
Have 4 gigs of ram, the game seems to creep up o 3.2-3.5 which so far I've only really done the Baltic campaign against the Polish. Sunk the same ships 2 or 3 times because of reloads. Seen different action so its not too scripted but those Polish destroyers are always on my route to the ships in port. I call in a report and usually a fighter comes along and shoots em out.

Last nite, I made it as far as ever my own fault to die though. More on that a bit. So my navigator is pretty bad at dead reckoning. In fact their dead reckoning is sooo sloppy Im thinking celestial reckoning is the only real way to not strike land with that guy. That or do my own navigating via DR cuz they cant hes terrible at it.

So sank about half a dozen ships in Danzig and outlying port areas, the one ship sailing around not a destroyer. Fighters got the other two destroyers. I saw a German BB in the harbor in the early afternoon so I guess they figure they got it bottled up. Already had the message to port at Kiel.

So I do A best guess fix, then ask him to do a DR hes like 60 miles off that lol and I ask for a Celestial fxi, seems that one is closer to my best guess. I call for 50 NM NE to run us out of the bay and harbor. Then ~120NM at 300 to get us out to deeper water. This all goes ok, but I start to rely on his DR for our position and when to make turns. I wasn't figuring exactly where we should be ... by running the numbers myself... first mistake...

Germany needs boats back at port so they can get them back out to sea against the british and you know Jaystew, the only thing he hates more than British are Canadians so its Flankspeed ahead making 16 kts with a little battledamage

On the final leg on the way home guess what...

Supposed to be at least 50NM from land we run aground in a light fog at 16 kts. Great. Thanks Kirschbaum. I hate that guy in the movie too. And well now hes a ****ty navigator LOL.

So I guess I get to do my own navigating and Kirschbaum gets to help with C fixes and no more DR.

The adventures of Jaystew. I will try restarting the system before running SH5 I think that might help.
Jaystew is offline   Reply With Quote